It’s a public holiday in England so we had a 3 day weekend! Yippee.
Had a rather surreal skate yesterday. Re-learnt a lot of old things, and some new ones.
- when the weatherman says it won’t rain: he was probably drunk.
- some dogs don’t like boards - dogs who have been trained to skate will be especially vicious. - when a dog has a problem with your self propelled vehicle, step away an let them talk it out.
- if you come near while they are arguing, you will be bitten.
- don’t wear your nice jeans to skate, if the rain/mud doesn’t get to them, a dog bite will surely finish them off.
- dogs have sharp teeth - saving up your board for a sunny day is about as pointless as expecting that girl to call you back. - sliding in the rain is fun
- 10 foot slides are only a lighter shower away.
- toesides will forever be sexier than heelsides
- when you see a strange person in your neighbourhood shouting ”OI, tan tien man” at the top of your voice is not likely to make them stop to talk to you.
- Rain turns sandy banks into muddy deathtraps. Don’t skate in them
- If you skate through the ”sandy bank”, your wheel will become caked in earthy goodness.
- You must pay the price of blood for progression. Sometimes